Hi, I’m Jenell Flynn,
and I serve the cozy seekers and home decor lovers by handcrafting unique woven wall hangings to make your home homey and heart happy.
Most days, when I'm not at my day job, you will find me in my studio in our rural Northern Alberta home. I love that space, with shelves full of wool and yarn waiting to be strewn across the floor because, let's be honest, when I create, I like to get messy!
People often refer to me as creative and resourceful; I love problem solving and getting into the details to make a piece that much more beautiful. I'm passionate about working with my hands, using my creativity every chance I get, and being a life-long learner.
When I'm not busy weaving, you can catch me snuggled up on the couch wrapped in my favourite faux fur blanket, sipping a glass of wine (in a tumbler, because there are a LOT of furry tails in this house), and watching a movie with my husband, the dogs and kitties curled up next to us.
If you're dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
1. I have a diploma in Fibre Arts (weaving, felting, spinning dyeing, design) from the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design in Fredericton, class of 2013.
2. I'm a nature loving homebody. It's true, I'm deeply inspired by nature, but I LOVE home and the comforts of it.
3. I live in Northern Alberta, but I hate winter... except in December because I love the feeling of Christmas.
4. My Mom and I went on a guided textile tour in Scotland and it was AMAZING. We got to tour numerous museums, go to artist's homes, and we even got to meet the woman who wove a TON of fabric for costumes for Lord of The Rings and Pirates of The Caribbean.
5. I got to design our first (and current) home! What an amazing and exhausting experience. I've always loved home decorating, so getting to do the design AND the decor was a dream come true.